Thursday, October 1, 2009

Expedition to Pulau Harapan



I am going off on to an expedition to Pulau Harapan (isle of hope), one of Pulau Langkawi's famous 99 islands. This will not be my first trip on an expedition, but it will be my maiden trip with HPA's Kelab Kembara (Traveller's Club).

It's going to be great because I'll get to learn more about herbs with Tn Hj Ismail Ahmad, the Managing Director of HPA Industries Sdn Bhd. I'll get to camp out and will perhaps do a few rounds of cupping (al hijammah, not ho!ho!ho!) with the members of the newly found club.

The isle is 5KM to the south of Langkawi and it is mostly mountainous. I have been told to bring my own 'accommodation' - which are my tent, my sleeping bag and my sleeping mat. Let's not forget the waterproof prayer mat and my prayer apparrel. Being a woman, a bag is simply not enough. I have been further told to bring along a copy of the interpretations of the Holy Quran. I think we might have some group study to do around the camp fire.

I am also to bring a camera as there will be a 'shooting' competition. A prize will be given to the winner of the best picture taken. I think I will leave out my vanity case as I will only rough it out for a night albeit the long journey from Kuala Lumpur to Perlis by bus. I won't want the boat to sink from too heavy and bulky bagpack!

Oh, I am to hang my compass around my neck, just in case I get side tracked. Want to join me, anyone?

No comments: