Hummpph! Wishful thinking.
I recently found out on my own expense that the years of neglect had actually took a toll on my body system.
It was during my school days that my teeth started to deteriorate. Now pay attention to the visiting dentist. For quite a long time , I had felt discomfort at my throat and constantly felt thirsty and very dry especially when I am driving. I had to clear my throat every now and then with "ehemmm".
A strep infection may lead to complications that affect the heart or other organs. Though rare, this can cause serious illness. There are more than 20 different types of strep bacteria, which are split into two main groups:
- Group A strep (strep A), which are often found on the surface of the skin and inside the throat, and are a common cause of infection in adults and children.
- Group B strep (strep B), which usually live harmlessly inside the digestive system, and in women, in the vagina. Strep B tend only to affect newborn babies and usually cause more serious types of infection.
It is estimated that 1 in 5 pregnant women have strep B bacteria in their digestive system.
Let us look at the type of infection caused by strep A.
- a throat infection - specifically an infection at the back of the throat which is known as pharyngitis
- impetigo - a type of skin infection that can cause blistering of the skin
- cellulitis , an infection of the deeper layers of the skin
- inner ear infection
- sinusitis, an infection of the small air-filled cavities that are found behind the forehead and cheekbones
Now the first and the last infections mentioned above are very commonly found. Taking antibiotics unnecessarily can contribute to the growing problem of microbial resistance. When bacteria are frequently exposed to antibiotics, they may become "superbugs" that cannot be treated with standard medications.
As for the case of the rotten tooth being the root of the cause, there are steps you can take at home to lessen the effect, which is a soothing saltwater gargle. Try mixing a teaspoon of salt into a glass of water to make this easy remedy. Then to address the infection to the other organs, we must take steps to increase the body's own immune system by eating right. We must also boost up with natural food supplements. By educating ourselves with the right information, it is better to find a wholesome remedy that would not affect our health in the long run. We are not going to exchange one ailment with the another, but we must first address the existing problem promptly. Any further delay may cost you your health and happiness.