Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Treating foot pain

An 80 year old lady hobbled into my office, with assistance from her elderly daughter and son. She promptly sat down and started pointing to her leg. I checked her pulse and other signs on her hands. Seemed a bit pale and cold, but her heart pace sounds good.

The family told me that she has been suffering from DM (Diabete Militus) for 10 years now. Of late, she has been complaining of foot pain and has not been able to walk properly because of that. I recommended her Teh Herba and Ardisia, to cleanse her body system and also to rejuvenate her nerves system. Looking at her elderly age, I refrained from giving her more herbs and told her family to let me know of her condition in a week. Normally for DM, herbalist would recommend Malac.

As she complained more of her foot pain and her shrinking leg muscles, I suggested reflexology which her family readily agrees. Using Minyak But But (made from a blend of 100 herbs, no birds at all), I slowly massaged over her foot and muscles. As we spoke, I discovered she used to be very active in her younger days. I counselled her on how Allah have given her good health and has enabled her to go for Umrah 3 times. MasyaAllah! I pray that she will be given strength and hope to see her again next week for her next reflexology session.

Reflexology is the physical act of applying pressure to the feet and hand with specific thumb, finger and hand techniques,based on a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands with a premise that such work effects a physical change to the body.

However, for any treatment to be dispensed, one needs to be properly diagnosed.

No comments: